General Author Guidelines
- Before initiating the submission process, authors should read the Editorial Policies.
- Authors are required to agree with the Copyright Notice statements.
- All manuscripts are submitted online using Online Submission Service. See the Online Submission guidelines or download from here.
- Authors can submit manuscripts in the form of articles or book reviews. The minimum length is 5,000 words, and a book review of at least 500 words. For book reviews, it is necessary to include the book cover picture.
- Authors are strongly advised to use tables and figures in presenting research results.
- If the manuscript is accepted to be published, the author should fill, sign and send back the License to Publish Agreement form.
- Veritas: Jurnal Teologi dan Pelayanan does not charge any fees for each article submitted and published.
- The writing structure consists of two types. First, the manuscripts that discuss field research results have a writing framework consisting of an introduction, literature review, methodology, results, analysis and discussions, conclusion, and bibliography (template can be downloaded here). Second, the manuscripts that discuss critical and conceptual studies that are not the results of field research have a writing framework consisting of an introduction, discussion, conclusion, and bibliography (template can be downloaded here).
- Manuscripts are written in Indonesian or English using standard academic languages.
- The manuscript is typed in Microsoft Word using A4 paper size with 25 mm top margin, 25 mm bottom margin, 20 mm left margin, and 20 mm right margin. The manuscript is typed using Times New Roman font size of 12 pt (except for the title 16 pt) and space between lines 1.15.
- Under the title, respectively, the author’s name (without title), affiliation (institution), and e-mail address.
- Abstract and keywords are typed in Indonesian and English with lengths between 100 to 250 words. For manuscripts in English, it is unnecessary to include abstracts in Indonesian.
- Citation of references is carried out using footnotes and references following the 8th edition of Turabian format. References are written at the end of the manuscript and include only those cited in the manuscript. For citations and references, it is mandatory to use reference tools such as Mendeley or Zotero.
- There are three steps in the reviewing process. First, the manuscript will be reviewed by the editor. If the manuscript meets the Veritas journal’s focus and scope, showing novelty, originality, and pass similarity check, then it processed for the next stage. Second, the manuscript will be sent to assigned peer-reviewers to assess the quality of contents and writing styles. The manuscript assessment process will be conducted by two reviewers anonymously (double-blind peer review). Third, the editor considers the feedback provided by the reviewers and arrives at a decision.
- There are five possible editorial decisions: accepted, accepted with revisions, resubmit for review, resubmit elsewhere, and rejected. The peer reviewers of Veritas Journal are scholars who have expertise in biblical studies, systematic theology, and practical ministry studies.
- Acceptance of a manuscript depends on the suitability of the manuscript with the focus and scope of this journal, the assessment by editors, the recommendation of peer reviewers, similarity check using Turnitin with a maximum tolerance value of 15%, and corrections by the author (according to the evaluation notes from reviewers and editors).
Revision of Manuscript
- Revision of the manuscript should be returned to the editor as soon as possible. The revised manuscript should be uploaded to the online submission interface by clicking “Upload File” from the Revisions section of the Review task window.
- Revision of the manuscript should include highlighted revised sentences. Revised manuscripts returned later than three months will be considered a new submission and reviewed again by other peer-reviewers.